More and more countries temporarily close their borders, companies transfer employees to work from home, and studios stop the production of films and TV shows. To brighten up your quarantine, many services and organizations, including museums, provide free access to their online resources.
Here is I compiled a list of virtual galleries, exhibitions, and broadcasts from theaters that you can watch for free without leaving home.
Museums and galleries
- The Hermitage - in addition to the recent five-hour Apple excursion movie, there is something to see in the museum complex.
- Arts and Culture is a Google project that provides the opportunity to see thousands of works of art and virtually visit famous galleries.
- The Tretyakov Gallery is one of the largest museums of Russian art.
- Louvre Online Tours - virtual tours of the world's most popular art museum.
- Kunsthistorisches Museum is an art history museum located in Vienna.
- Digital Archives - Digital archives of the Uffizi Gallery in Florence.
- The State Russian Museum is the largest collection of Russian art in the world.
- The British Museum is an online collection with over 3.5 million exhibits.
- The British Museum - virtual tours of the museum and exhibits on the official YouTube channel.
- Museo Del Prado is a national museum with over 11 thousand works of European fine art.
- Musei Vaticani - expositions of the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the largest art museums in the world located in New York.
- MoMA is an online collection of the New York Museum of Modern Art, which has about 84 thousand works.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum - digital copies of art museum exhibits created by collector Solomon Guggenheim.
- Teatre-Museu Dalí - online tours of the Salvador Dali Museum in Catalonia.
- Smithsonian is one of the largest museums of American art located in Washington.
- Muzeum Narodowe w Krakowie is the national art museum in Krakow.
- Szépművészeti Múzeum - virtual tours of the Museum of Fine Arts in Budapest.
- Metropolitan Opera - starting next week there will be free streams every day. On Monday, Carmen, on Thursday - La Traviata, on Sunday - Eugene Onegin.
- Vienna Opera - also free broadcasts for the period of quarantine.
- The Bolshoi Theater - broadcasts of ballets, March 29, Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet.